"Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work: If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up!" -Ecclesiastes 4:9-10

Saturday, February 9, 2008

Stop asking "Why?" and Start asking "What?"

So we've got some news...I wouldn't necessarily say it's bad news, but it's shocking news. Our plan B house didn't end up working out. Everything fell out from under us. I mean, we thought we definatly had this one...we met with the homeowners (who seemed like very nice, honest, christian people), we already picked out the new fixtures we were going to put up, and we even had it down to the paint colors they were going to paint on the walls before we moved in. We thought we had it.

The Lord definatly threw us a curve ball when we got the call from Adam's Uncle last night at about 9 or so telling us that the deal fell through. It turns out that the owners are in debt and set the price of the house too low, so there was no way they could afford that. I am really sad this house is not going to work and I feel really bad for the homeowners because I know they just want to sell it to get it off their hands, but I told myself "this is just the Lord telling us that this house wasn't right for us, and He's got something better in store for us".

Our pastor (Pastor Steven from Elevation) preached a sermon one Sunday about how we need to stop asking "Why?" and start asking "What?" when certain situations happen. In other words, Adam and I could sit around and be asking "why did this happen to us, why did it have to happen a 2nd time, why are you doing this to us Lord?", but instead we have chose to take this opportunity to start asking "what are you trying to teach us Lord, what are we suppose to learn from this?".

I truly believe the Lord has His hand on this house hunting thing and that He is in total and complete control over everything. I mean He has definatly showed it by closing two doors on two houses in the same neighborhood. So, we're basically back to square one! This has definatly been a roller coaster ride (and a very exciting one).

"Thank you Lord for being in control over everything we do. Thank you for keeping us from something that may happen in that neighborhood or in those houses in the future. Lord, I ask that you reveal to Adam and I what you are trying to teach us through this process. I pray that we would continue to remain strong in our faith and that we would continue to trust in you through this process. We love you and praise you! In your name I pray, Amen."

No comments: