"Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work: If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up!" -Ecclesiastes 4:9-10

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

I am My Own...

First of all, let me give a shout out to my sweet hubby...SHOUT OUT!! You are too sweet to me and I thank God everyday for giving me the privlede of being your wife. Thank you for all that you do to lift me up!

Now, this past Sunday, Pastor preached an amazing sermon on being peculiure. Go here to listen for yourself (you'll want to). I had the privledge to sit on the front row at our Uptown campus and hear him live. Man, was that amazing! (my neck kind of hurt, but it was worth it)! Pastor preached from 1 Peter 2:9 which talks about how we are a chosen people. I felt like he was speaking directly to me and it was truly eye-opening.

Being able to work in a Chirstian enviornment has been wonderful and rewarding. However, it is very easy to have your "uniquiness" hidden. It's easy to be seen as "normal" because the majority of people around you are Christians and believe what you believe. This, however, is different when I have to go downtown to cheer. As soon as I step foot in that locker room, I stick out like a sore thumb. People I cheer with know that I'm a Christian and know that I don't drink or go out to clubs afterwards. It's like their whole persona changes when I come in...people are careful as to what comes out of their mouth, and I never expect for someone to ask me to "go out" after the game. I have always looked to these types of situations as part of my mission field, but I have to admit, being the only one who is "different" is hard sometimes.

Pastor made me realize that I am my own person and God made me who I am because He loves me. I am peculuire, unique, different, PURPLE, and chosen for a reason and it's my job to embrase my uniquiness and lead without being afraid of what people see when they look at me. Because when it comes down to standing in front of my Savior when I die, I want Him to look at me and say, "Well done, my good and faithful servant".

I want to encourage all my readers out there to embrase your differences, your uniquiness, your "purple-ness" because YOU are a chosen people who are called to declare the praises of our God.

No comments: