"Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work: If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up!" -Ecclesiastes 4:9-10

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Kids and Disney World

Well, Spring Break is over and it's back to school. Sorry for the all the should-have-been posted updates that I never did! I'm a bad blogger. Anyway, Disney World was amazing and I would have to say that it is definitely in my top 3 vacations! If you've never been...GO! Especially since Adam and I don't have kids yet it was a fun experience for us! I'm sure things will be different when we do have kids with us. As Adam and I took one of our many breaks in the parks, we came up with a list of criteria for families taking kids to Disney World.

Disclaimer: This is mine and Adam's opinions, so if I offend anyone...sorry.

Criteria for taking Kids to Disney World:
1. They must meet the minimum age requirement of 7 (7 is kind of pushing it).
2. They must be able to walk on their own (no strollers)!
3. They must be able to go to the bathroom on their own.
4. Compromise is key if you have more than one kid when it comes to rides...so they must understand the concept of going on rides they don't want to or rides their other siblings want to go on.
5. Fighting/arguing is not an option...Disney World is a magical place...don't ruin it for your kids.
6. This kind of goes along with #5...don't yell at your kids in the park (especially in line)...you will be stared at and your kids will be mortified.
7. Make sure they understand your expectations of them and you're both on the same page.
8. HAVE FUN!!!

Adam and I came up with these "rules" as we saw each one of them being broken in the parks. I'm sure they'll change by the time we have kids...until then, it's just me and my babe (hopefully we'll be back soon)!

Here's what it kind of looked like:



Until then, I have to leave you with this...

M-I-C...see ya real soon!...K-E-Y...why? because we like you!...M-O-U-S-E!!

1 comment:

Kim Gushee said...

Oh Elizabeth I can't wait tell you have kids :) I am glad you had fun. I wish I was there