"Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work: If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up!" -Ecclesiastes 4:9-10

Friday, April 24, 2009

Proud of my Pastor!

I can't even begin to tell you the joy that I have in my heart for my church, and my pastor! I have never thought of Sunday as my favorite day of the week until 2 years ago when Adam and I started attending Elevation. Yes, that's right...not a Friday or Saturday, but Sunday! Last Sunday we had the privilege of hearing Pastor Steven live at the Uptown campus. It was amazing...as always! Pastor also made an exciting announcement...Ted Haggard will be joining Pastor on Sunday for an interview. Now, before you go crazy...check out the website Elevation made in honor of this Sunday to answer any questions you may have. He also appeared on Fox News Rising Thursday morning with Mark Mathis to talk about it. I am definitely proud of my Pastor! Mark Mathis even said, "this cat can preach"! You can go here to see the interview.

On another note, this past week I had the privilege of leading about 20 students to Christ!! Most of them were rededications, but about 6 or 7 of them were first time decisions! I told my kids that Jesus comes before Spanish and anytime I have the opportunity to talk about Him...I will. It's the greatest feeling in the world to have kids tell you they want to give their lives to Him! It reassures me that that's the reason I'm here teaching in this school! Woo!

This was a kind of random post, but I'll leave you with a quote I read that is pretty powerful..."The power that produces the blessing comes through brokenness and death, death by crucifixion." ~Max Lucado

Happy Friday!

No comments: