"Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work: If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up!" -Ecclesiastes 4:9-10

Thursday, May 14, 2009

5k...Ear Infection...Mother's Day...Graduation

Ok...a lot has happened since I've posted last! My apologies for not posting sooner, in a more consistent fashion :)!

This past Saturday, my Dad and I ran in the Beach Blast 5k in Albemarle, NC. It was a ton of fun! I grew up running races, and I haven't ran one in a while and I forgot how much fun they were! I had a blast hanging out with my Dad and my time wasn't too shabby either (26:45)! We plan on running another one June 6th in Locust, NC. Races are good to run because they keep you motivated and disciplined training for them, and you always have a good feeling of accomplishment after you finish! Here are a few pics from the Beach Blast!

This was pre-race...


Running the last stretch


My Dad and I after the race


This past week I had a cold which ended up in my ear. After the race on Saturday it was killing me so we went to the Urgent Care and they put me on anti-biotics. They've worked, but I can't hear a thing out of my left ear. It's very annoying, but I've kind of gotten used to it now.

My poor ear...


Sunday was Mother's Day and Graduation day for John Mark. My mom and I went to church Sunday morning and had the privilege of hearing Pastor's wife, Holly, speak. Go here to listen to it...great stuff! Adam and I both gave our mom's the coolest present! We got 2 baskets and filled them with some of their favorite things. My mom loves the beach (I wonder where I get that from!) so we thought it would be a good idea to fill her basket with beach stuff...which is great because we're going in 2 weeks!

Here are their baskets (my mom's is the one on the left)



Mom, I just want to tell you how much of a great mother you are! You have raised me to be the person that I am today and I can't thank anyone else but you! It's my job now to make you feel like the most special person on this earth and I love doing it! You are truly my hero and my role model and I love you with my whole heart!

After my mom and I hung out together for a couple of hours Adam, his family and I headed up to Boone to see John Mark graduate. We were so proud of him and I know his mom couldn't have had a more perfect Mother's day gift than to see her son graduate!

Here's all of us minus Adam and Amanda




Brothers...


Well, that's it...but if I'm posting all these pictures, I can't leave out the cutest one of the bunch!

She's ready for summer!



(raising my right hand)...I, Elizabeth Hamilton, do hereby promise to post a lot more frequent, consistent posts so I do not have to smush everything into one long post for my readers to get bored reading. Thanks!

No comments: