"Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work: If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up!" -Ecclesiastes 4:9-10

Thursday, May 21, 2009

A Bad Mouth

I have a bad mouth...no, not that way...I mean my teeth are bad! It all started yesterday when I went for my routine 6 month (maybe it's been longer than that) checkup at the dentist. A little background information...I HATE the dentist (no offense)! You know how little kids grow up with bad ears and have ear infections all the time...not me, I had a bad mouth. Ever since I can remember everytime I went to the dentist they always told me I needed to come back to get a cavity filled or something. Throughout my life, I've probably had 10 cavities, 2 root canals, two crowns, and my wisdom teeth out...no one's counting.

So, I go to the dentist yesterday expecting them to tell me, "oh, well, you have a small cavity forming, but it can wait a couple of months.", no, no, no...instead, this is how it went down:

Dental Hygenist: I think I see some cavities...let me go get the dentist.
Dentist: Oh my, you do have some cavities!
Me: (rolling my eyes)
Dentist: It looks like you have 4 cavities...2 on both sides of your mouth.
Me: (Great).
Dentist: And it also appears that you have one cavity under your crown.
Me: (thinking to myself)...how in the world do I have a cavity under a crown on a tooth that has had a root canal???
Dentist: Let me get my instrument and poke around just to make sure...(poking)...yes, there's a cavity under there alright.
Dentist: (talking to me)...we'll have to go in and remove the crown, fill the cavity, and replace the crown on that tooth.
Dentist: [Lynn] schedule her for her appts.

Man, just my luck. So, after I get all scheduled, the insurance lady tells me how this all works out...can I just say, "whoa"! Talk about some expensive visits!!

I just want to say to my Mom and Dad...and now to Adam...I'm sorry for all the mouth trouble I've caused you guys. I vow to cut back on my sugar intake and I promise to take better care of my teeth (not that I don't brush already!). Just pray that this isn't genetic!

A massive amount of sweets = lots of money
A new toothbrush/floss = $4.47
Amount of gas it took to get to the dentist = $2.78
Dentist Visit = Free
5 Cavities & a Crown = NOT Priceless!

No comments: