"Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work: If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up!" -Ecclesiastes 4:9-10

Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas 2009...Success!

This Christmas seemed to fly by! It seemed like Adam and I had our schedule jammed packed with shopping, cooking, wrapping, spending time with friends & family, volunteering, etc. It's always fun though because we get to do all this stuff we never do during the year!

It all started a couple of days before Christmas when my Dad's kids all got together to spend time with each other at my Dad's house. I always love doing that because I don't really get to see my brothers and sisters often. Christmas Eve was our church's Christmas Eve service which was amazing! Adam and I were able to volunteer that night and see hundreds of life changes. That night we went over to his parent's house and had Christmas with them. They got Adam and I a very useful, sweet Christmas gift...go here to see it. Christmas day, we woke up and I cooked Adam breakfast with my new waffle maker that his parents gave us. We had breakfast together and then got ready for the day's festivities! We headed off to my mom's side of the family in Rock Hill and then went back to my Mom's house to have Christmas with her. After we left there, we went down to my Dad's side of the family and had Christmas there. It was definitely a packed day, but I loved being able to see all my family that I never really get to see otherwise.

This Christmas was also our last Christmas as just a married couple. Next Christmas it will be me, Adam and Leah! I can't wait! She'll be 10 months old and probably crawling around and able to tear open some presents! I'm so excited for that! Anyway...this Christmas was great and I was so blessed to be able to spend it with the best husband in the world and the best families anyone could ever ask for! Hope everyone else had a very Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

dawn massey said...

elizabeth, thank you so much for leaving me such a sweet compliment! when i clicked on your blog link, thinking you would be a complete stranger, i was excited to see your picture on the banner...because just yesterday i was on candice and daniel's blog and left a comment there about how i loved your maternity pictures and seeing them made me want to have another one! your pictures are awesome and you are soooo cute as a pregnant momma! anyway, i am so glad that you introduced yourself. i see that you and adam go to elevation too! i read that you were at the leadership event in december - hopefully one day our paths will cross. i am so excited to follow your blog and read about your journey becoming a momma! thank you for reading my blog! dawn