"Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work: If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up!" -Ecclesiastes 4:9-10

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

BREAKING AND ENTERING!!!

I have just successfully broken into my wife's blog account (Hence the Post). She is always telling me that I should post something on her account, but I constantly refuse. I have an obsession with blogs I have to admit. I read everyone's blog from church and I love to read my wife's blog when she posts. What I love about my wife's posts is that they are always from the heart and they let me in on what is going on in her world! Every married woman should have a blog and every husband should read their wife's posts. Reading my wife's blog is like getting in on some secret stock option before it goes public or like finding a Christmas present early. Her blog let's me know what is going on inside of her even though we talk all the time. Her heart comes out in her posts and for me it lets me know how I can serve and lead her. In looking back over her posts I have come to realize one thing. My wife is selfless. She never gets on here and writes about herself or about what she needs or what she wants it is always about others. I love how my wife goes public with bragging on folks and writing sweet letters to family members for all to read. She is absolutely selfless and would do anything for anybody. For example our pastor has been speaking about hearing God and how God uses ordinary things in our lives to speak to us. The other day the wife and I where having the Hamilton family budget meeting(This is always fun!) and I was dead set on setting a limit for each family member for Christmas. My wife was all in agreement until we got to a center member and she said "Adam, you can take some of the money you were going to spend on me and we can spend it on so and so... Like you can take all of it." In that moment God spoke to me and said, not out loud, but in my heart SHE IS SOMETHING SPECIAL! And she is! My wife is Special and I am so proud of her selfless sacrifice. I would never trade her in or get rid of her. She is truly a blessing from God. Elizabeth, thank you for letting Christ shine through you each and everyday. You inspire me and make me more like Christ. Thank you for showing me what it means to find joy through giving and sacrifice! I love you so much and could not live this life without you!!!


ADAM

No comments: