"Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work: If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up!" -Ecclesiastes 4:9-10

Friday, March 20, 2009

Awesome Honey Pecan Pork Chops

Adam, being the great husband that he is, came up with our "menu of meals" for the week and one of the meals he chose was Honey Pecan pork chops. I decided to ask my mom over for dinner last night and thought this would be the perfect thing to make. Let me just tell you..."awesome" doesn't quite describe it...it was more like a superb, delicious, yummy, tummy filling, satisfying, awesome dinner! It had just the right amount of sweetness to it (which made me happy)...kind of like a sweet potato! Anyway, I should of taken a picture of it, but I didn't. I'll leave you with the recipe so you can try it and then tell me how you like it!

1 1/4 lbs. boneless pork loin, lb.ed thin
1/2 cup all-purpose flour for coating
salt and pepper to taste
2 Tbsp. butter
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup chopped pecans

1) In a shallow dish, mix together flour, salt and pepper. Dredge pork cutlets in the flour mixture.
2) In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add chops, and brown both sides. Transfer to a warm plate.
3) Mix honey and pecans into the pan drippings. Heat through, stirring constantly. Pour sauce over cutlets.

I served this with green beans and rolls and it was the perfect meal. I also made some extra chopped pecans and used them the next day for a salad (just an idea)...definitely a favorite of mine! Enjoy!

PS: Operation "No Sweets" - still a success...15 days until Disney!

No comments: