"Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work: If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up!" -Ecclesiastes 4:9-10

Monday, March 24, 2008

Amazed!

I don't know how to start this out other than saying that God is absolutely amazing! Yesterday was Easter (Happy late Easter) and it was an incredible day at Elevation Church! Over 4800 people were in attendance among the 6 services that were given and here's the big news....over 500 people accepted Christ!!! How amazing is that? It was defiantly something only God gets the glory for! Our pastor (Pastor Steven) always said to pray BIG prayers and it was my prayer that over 500 people would get saved! God is such an amazing God who hears our prayers and will answer them. I did invite all the cheerleaders I cheer with, but none of them came. I was kind of discouraged because I know how desperate they need the Lord. I feel like God has truly put me in that situation and around those people to be a vessel of hope for them.

Adam and I went to Starbucks yesterday after church and we sat down to chat for a little bit. I noticed how most of the people in Starbucks didn't look like they went to church that morning and Adam made a statement that seems very true. He said that the generation before us (our mom's and dad's and grandparents) defiantly saw Easter as one of the main holidays that comes around and were always in church celebrating. He said that our generation, on the other hand, just sees Easter as some holiday where the Easter Bunny comes around and egg hunts are given (I did get an Easter basket from my mom yesterday...shout out to her!) and doesn't see Easter as a celebration of Christ's death and most importantly his resurrection. It made me realize that we are living in a lost generation and if we don't do something about it, it will remain lost. He really encouraged me to continue to be a light among the darkness and to continue to be bold in my faith. I love my husband! OK, well hope you all have a great Easter Monday off (if you do have it off) and a great week this week! We're moving in T-minus 4 days!!!

No comments: