"Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work: If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up!" -Ecclesiastes 4:9-10

Friday, May 7, 2010

Birthdays

Birthdays are a huge deal to me.  It's your own special personal holiday you get to celebrate every year.  Most people get caught up in the fact that you're turning one year older, however I just love hanging out with the people you love, decorating the house with streamers and balloons, maybe opening up a few presents here and there (you know you like presents too), and of course the cake and ice cream!  I love it when birthdays roll around because it just gives you the excuse to spend money and go all out to make somebody else feel special (and not have your husband getting mad at you for spending money).  

So, with that said, we've got some birthday's coming up!  My sister's birthday is May 10th, my Dad's birthday is June 8th, my other brother and sister's birthdays are June 10th and 11th, my birthday is June 17th, and my Mom's birthday is July 8th!  We've got lots of summer birthdays.  This weekend we are celebrating my sister's  birthday at my dad's house after the race on Saturday (I can't believe I'm running in a race Saturday that I haven't trained for...haha).  Anyways, we're all going back to my Dad's house to order pizza and celebrate Sara.  Unfortunately, Adam won't be in attendance because he'll be at a driving class for cough, cough, a ticket he got on the way home from Leah's first doctor's appt.  Sorry babe, but there's consequences for everything.  I still love you though.

This year my dad is turning the big 6-0 so you know I've got to do something up big for him!  Last year we had a little get together at our house for him which was a blast!  We'll see what this year has in store for him...

Here are a few pics from his birthday last year:



Birthdays are a great thing!  If your birthday is coming up, I hope you have a happy, happy birthday spending it with the ones you love!

No comments: