"Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work: If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up!" -Ecclesiastes 4:9-10

Monday, May 10, 2010

My Mom

I know Mother's Day was yesterday, however there was no time to post because of all the festivities! :)  And I celebrate my Mom everyday, so today is no different!

Everyone has one, young or old, short or tall, dark skinned or light...a mother.  Call her whatever you like, Mom, mama, madre, mere, Mother, she will forever be your Mom.  My mom carries many names.  Some days I call her my rock, some days she's my comforter, somedays my best friend, or my discipliner.  She was my provider and only wanted the best for my sister and I.  My mom was, and still is the most selfless, giving person that I know.  Not only is she giving in her finnces, but more giving with her time, which to me, is one of the most valuable things you can give.  She has always had an ear ready to listen whenever I needed to talk...whether it was when I was six and someone took my pencil at school or when I was faced with the everyday occuring drama that went along with middle or high school, she was there.  When I dated boys in college and a date didn't go right or on my graduation day when I wasn't able to walk across the stage, she was there.  
Her ear was ready to listen when Adam and I started dating and I wanted to tell her all the amazing things he had done for me.  And when he popped the question and the daya we got married she heard all my excitments and calmed my nerves.  Even to this day, now that I have my own family, I call her every morning on my way to work to talk about everyday life and the things that come along with it.  She is a great listener.

My mom is an amazing woman who wears many  hats.  It is because of her that I can call myself a Christian, a friend, a wife, a daughter, and a Mother.  She has taught me everything I know about character and poise.  She has led me through the ups and downs of life and has been my lifesaver when I started to go under.  Giving up is not part of my Mom's vocabulary and it is with her experiences that I have seen her push through the toughest of times.  She has watched me grow from the tiniest of babies to the Mother that I am today and now I get the privilege to watch her as a Grandmother to four very precious grand kids.  There is such a legacy behind my Mom's eyes and I can only hope that I will carry that legacy on someday.  

Thank you Mom, for loving me with your whole heart.  Thank you for putting your family first and everything else second.  Thank you for loving the Lord and for teaching me how to as well.  Thank you for sacrificing everything you have so that we would not be without.  Thank you for teaching me how to be a Mother.  You are truly my hero and I am so thankful and blessed to have the relationship we have with each other.  You are my everything and I love you forever! 

No comments: