"Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work: If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up!" -Ecclesiastes 4:9-10

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Tips for New Moms: 01

I'm going to start something new on my blog.  You have probably already guessed what it is from my title.  Yes...tips for new moms.  Almost everyday I find myself learning something new as a mom that I had no idea of or hadn't read in any of the books.  So, I thought I'd help some new moms out there to have a better understanding of what to expect from being a mom.  Please don't take this as some kind of expert advise, because frankly I've only been a mom for 3 1/2 months and I'm learning new things everyday.  These are just tips of what I've found out that works and doesn't work as a Mom.  I'd love to hear any other advise you more "experienced moms" have because I'm all about learning from the best!  So, hear it goes...

01: Start packing for vacations at least 3 days in advance. 

This has been a huge struggle for me.  If you know me, you know that I am the world's best procrastinator!  I wait to the last minute to do everything (clean, pack, work, study, etc.), but when you have a baby, that all has to change!  I'm still working on it, but I think I've gotten a little better (though Adam might tell you differently).

If you have a baby or are thinking about having a baby, prepare to take anything and everything with you wherever you go!  Like pretty much every baby, Leah gets bored sitting or laying somewhere pretty quick.  You put her in her swing, she wants to move, put her in her boppy seat, she wants to move, lay her on the floor, she wants to move, put her in your lap, she wants to move, sit her in her bumbo seat, she wants to move...you get the idea.  So, we take everything!

Adam has a Jeep and by the time we're done packing everything you can't see out of the windows.  I'm sure we'll get better as time goes on, but I'm perfectly content taking everything "just in case".  Since we do take a lot, it takes a while getting it all together, so, the final verdict....start early!

1 comment:

C-FABulous Makeup said...

New Follower! Lovely blog.. =)
Follow me too~
http://c-fabulousmakeup.blogspot.com/
Love, Michelle