"Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work: If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up!" -Ecclesiastes 4:9-10

Monday, October 8, 2007

Cooking is not my thing...

So, tonight I was going to be a good wife and actually cook my husband dinner (instead of him fixing his own tacos and me eating cereal or something). I had really good intentions to fix Adam and I grilled cheese sandwiches and twice baked potatoes. I love fixing the grilled cheese sandwiches because we have this sandwich maker that fixes them in 5 minutes. However, the twice baked potatoes were a different story. I had never fixed them before and I was just going off the memories I had of my best friend Sarah fixing them like 2 weeks ago (aka I didn't have a recipe). So, I cooked the potatoes and scooped the middle of them out and then put a whole stick of butter in with the potatoes I scooped out (we only had 3 very small potatoes) so needless to say, a whole stick of butter for the amount of potatoes I had was WAY too much! It was like a bowl of butter instead of potatoes. I felt really bad and being the emotional basket case that I am I stood in the kitchen crying. Adam immediately came to console me and told me that it was ok and that he would rather have chips with his grilled cheese instead (trying to make me feel better). I am determined that someday I will be an amazing cook and will want to cook dinner every night for my family (well, maybe not every night)! Tomorrow we have our small group and we usually grab dinner before that somewhere...thank the Lord!

2 comments:

DAD said...

WE LOVE YOU!

DAD said...

THIS IS DAD #2. YOU TAKE AFTER YOUR MOTHER IN LAW. SHE FIXED 1 CUP OF RICE WITH A 1/2 CUP OF WATER. THAT WASN'T VERY GOOD EITHER. I'M SURE I HAD CHIPS THAT NIGHT ALSO. THAT'S BEEN 30 YEARS AGO. AT LEAST YOU ARE MAKING MEMORIES AND RECORDING THEM. WE ARE HEADED TO THE DELI.